Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Leather Necklace.

Good Tuesday morning Everyone.  I wanted to share with you this necklace I made last night out of  leather and and another  leather necklace that I got as a gift from E, My researcher:).  I really like how it turned out. I wrote a little tutorial for this at the bottom.



Things you need.

1.  Leather cut into 15~ 1/2  inch wide by 4  inch long strips.
2.  Rings
3.  Another Necklace
4. 3 Tassels 
5  2 clasps  I got mine, a bag of about 30, for $2.oo
at Wal-Mart, in the craft Department.
6. Hot Glue gun 

I added this Clasp piece, instead of the key ring for this project.


Make your leather Chain just Like  the paper chains you made in school for Christmas. I used a hot glue gun, but you could hand stitch this also.


 Add the silver rings to each side of the chain.
Guide your necklace through the two silver rings.
Pull the necklace between the two rings to meet up with the  other half of the necklace.

Hook the two small tassels to the back of the necklace.  I put it through the ring and around the other half.
Now hook on the other tassel to one side of the necklace.

And  you are all done. 
Easy new Necklace for basically free.



Have a Beautiful  Tuesday Everyone!!

8 comments:

  1. I like this so much; I have a thing for big necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. You are great
    The necklace is very originel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool! I love that it has tassels in the back too - so it's exciting even if people just see you from the back- wonder did the leather chain make it a "heavy" piece?
    ---
    Daniela
    http://isreview1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Cool!

    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool necklace. Thanks so much for sharing at my Swing into Spring party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! Looks like Louis Vuitton's Fall'09 collection. Still looks fresh! Like black, would've have loved seeing it in new neon colors (like neon yellow?)..
    Anyway, very-very nice!
    xx
    maya

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!