Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, March 14, 2011

Project Re-Style #11

Welcome Everyone to Monday and my project Re-Style #11.  If you are Just tuning in,  I am doing Project Re-Style. Fifty Two weeks of Re-Styling something old into something new.  I have pledged to  myself to do one  Re-Style  project a week for 52 weeks.  Which Means  I might end up making over my entire closet.  LOL!!  All the details are going to be at  the end of this post. 
So here we go.
This week I had this sweater dress I bought at Target, on sale last year for, I think $25.00.  I liked it so much I bought another one but in a bigger size.  Now, the bigger size looks just a little silly on me, so I decided to make it into a one shoulder dress. 
The hardest thing about this was trying to decide  how I wanted  it to look. 
After that, it was all down hill.







Tutorial

Turn the dress inside out and carefully cut off the cowl neck.


Cut off the sleeve.


Try on the dress inside out to see where you need to Pin it under the arm. Take off the dress lie it flat.  Pin and mark with chalk or a white colored pencil.


Try on the dress again inside out, checking to see if the pins are right.

 Now it is time to sew the dress.
#1. Sew under the arm and down.
#2. Hem the arm
#3. Hem the collar.

Try on the dress one more time before you cut off the excess material.  Once you know it is right, trim the excess material. 
 Turn your dress right side out and add your gold safety pins. I pinned mine all the way  around the collar.


Back

Back



Taa Daah!!
All done a New, Chic, One Shoulder, Dress.
  All it cost me was $ 1.97 for the gold pins.  
 I can  not wait to wear this out. 
Hopefully soon.

Thank You so much for joining me.
If you have any questions please Email me 
 WobiSobi@gmail.com
11 down 41 to go

Click on the picture 
for all the details about
Project Re-Style.
Happy Monday Everyone!
I hope to see you Next Week!

10 comments:

  1. I just love your restyle projects!!! This one is sew awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I can't wait to see it on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the tiny pins around the neck. Looks so current and a little edgy (in a good way)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So... let's see it on you! This dress is your boldest creation yet. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this looks amazing! I love the gold safety pin detail! Great job girl!

    Meet Virginia Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh the safety pins make it a big edgy! =) Love it! another fabulous re-style! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  7. I looked at all the pics before reading what you wrote and I was sad that you cut away a cowlneck. But I love one shoulder dresses, especially when one sleeve is long, so I consoled myself. Then I read what you wrote and I'm happy to know this was a spare :D

    I'm heading down to my parents this weekend and I'm picking up the sewing machine while I'm there. Yay!
    Fashion Blog Flash Mob on Sarturday?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the cowl neck, but the one shoulder look is fabulous!! You are such a talented girl. :) I featured this yesterday!

    Thank you so much for joining my Weekend Bloggy Reading party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the safety pin collar. Very punk rock.

    As usual...your work is inspiring here at WobiSobi...

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice. Can't wait to see what else you are up to with the ReStyle Project...

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!