Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Praxis Necklace

 Happy Wednesday Everyone!
I was trying to think up a word for this creation and I came a cross this one ~Praxis~
1.Practice, as distinguished from theory; application or use, as of knowledge or skills.
It seemed appropriate, because I had practiced making the washer part of this necklace so many times, before I was able to get it right. 
 Not Difficult.
It just took me a little time to work out size and spacing.

Tutorial.
Difficulty ~Medium,Easy

Things You Need

1. Ribbon
2.Braided Rope. Wal-mart $1.95
3.Hex Nuts
4.Washers
5. Two Rings
6. Cord  2 pieces 33 inches long ~ about 66 inches total. ( I took mine off a Chico's shopping bag) 
Well, it was the perfect color, and free. LOL
7. Hot Glue Gun.
8. Scissors.
 Lay out you ribbon and rope to get the length you want.



 Then, I just tied a knot then put the hex nut, then another knot, until I got the look I wanted.  I used 5 Hex nuts on the top layer and 7 Hex nuts  on the bottom layer.


For the middle washer and ribbon layer, I am inserting a video to show you how I did it.  I did this video because I could never find any instructions ~that I understood~ to do this technique for the washer necklace. It took me all night sitting on the couch  trying to figure it out. Hopefully this will not be the case for you, if you want to try this.






After I finished  my three strands, I connected them to the rings.



I glued the ribbon with hot glue.


and I tied knots, like this, for the rope.
Then I fringed the ends by pulling apart the rope.


After that I added my two cords.
I folded the cord in half.





Then I  tied three tiny washers to one side. 
That is it.
All Done.:)


Have a wonderful Day Everyone!
Go Make Something!
<3

18 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I'm not confident enough in my crafting skills to attempt it, but I have no problem using yours for eye candy.
    It's very innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Your skills are amazing! Thanks for sharing that!
    p.s. - Did you know Praxis is a greek word or do I sound like the dad in "My big fat greek wedding"?? Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH Iv done washers,but never thought about hex nuts :) That came out sooooooooo cuuuute

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's amazing that no one has thought (until recently) to use hardware as jewelry....it's silver, shiny and sturdy! PERFECT!!! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! and LOVE the washer video! Thanks for all this fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful and creative. Please share this on our blog party today! http://500dollarwedding.blogspot.com/2011/04/wednesday-blog-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super duper awesome video Anne! This would be a great technique to use for a purse handle/strap~

    ReplyDelete
  8. A video Anne!?!? Amazing, you keep getting better and better every day.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool...like the washers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is way cool!!! I love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH MY GAWSH!!! - You are the best!! I saw these kinds of bracelets on Honestly WTF, but the could not figure out for the life of me how to do it! Bookmarking this!!

    Bless you for sitting on the couch and figuring this out for us.

    Hugss Anne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to make something like this!! You did a great job! Sooo pretty!!

    xox
    http://wynn-notetoself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This too is awesome. You make the most creative pieces of jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I featured your awesome necklace in our Saturday showcase from the Wednesday blog party, grab a button if you want (link below) and thanks so much for contributing this tutorial! :) Heather http://500dollarwedding.blogspot.com/2011/04/highlights-from-blog-party_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are going to have the coolest wardrobe ever when this restyle is over!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ARGH I love it too. TOO many - this site is better than PS I Made this anyday!!! <3

    Sadie xx
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!