Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Into the Wild, Scarf Dress.

I have had these two scarves for about 4 weeks and they have been dying for me to do something with them. I had a dress idea in my head, and I finally finished it this morning.
 This is a  little like the other scarf, shirt, dress, I made , HERE, but the scarves are not on an angle.
Really simple tutorial.

Tutorial 
Things you need
1. Two scarves 4 feet by 4 feet
2. Sewing Machine and thread to match.
3. Safety pins
4. Dress chalk





1.  Lie your scarves down and find the middle, then measure out how wide you want the neck. Pin it ~I use safety pins, so that I could try it on easier.  I wanted mine to go off the shoulder so my neck opening is a little wider.
 2. Slip the dress over your head and mark right under your arms, take it off and lie it flat~ make sure you are even on both sides, under your arm area .pin it.
3.Then measure your hips and add two inches or more if you want. Pin it there, and then ~ Try it on.


4 If everything looks they way you want, sew it, start sewing under arm mark and make a gradual line out to  the hip marking. Repeat on the other side.
5. Try on.

You can belt it, or wear it without a belt.
Heels or flats.





I hope all of you had a marvelous Tuesday!
Mine was wonderful!
<3
Anne



Linking to



16 comments:

  1. That's beautiful. I would never know it was originally scarves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Anne how cuuuuuute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love it. I love leaopard print and I can imagine this looking amazing with heels on a night out - no one would know it was made from two scarves!!!

    Sadie :D

    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice idea! I really like the bold print!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! Once Desi had his face painted like a tiger and I had him crouch down in some tall grass to take pics. This made me think of that. Haha! This could be a good swim cover up!

    Jen Hemming and Hawing Again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Looks great :D

    kisses xoxo

    wwww.stylemesteph.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a cool DIY, you can never tell that it was from 2 scarves!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This time you've outdone : super smart and I must say to you: sexy.Hugs Yoana

    ReplyDelete
  9. wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
    that is so pretty!
    perfect! take care,
    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so much! Man do I wish I had you next to me when I use my sewing machine, I don't think I could ever vision this and then put it together! Thanks for bringing it to the link party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh la la. Looks great on you~

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been featured again! And I got my button fixed. See if it works for you. Thanks for sharing your awesome talent! :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's one beautiful dress - very ingenious with the scarves!!

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!