Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Friday, May 20, 2011

New Chandelier

 Happy Friday Everyone. 

This is  little DIY I did for  Meredith,  over at her amazing blog,
Welcome to Heardmont. 

Meredith and I have been blogging friends since our blogs were  weeeeee little babies.
She and her husband just returned from Paris and WOW, did their trip look spectacular. They are also re- doing their home, and taking us though every step.  
She has such amazing ideas, and spectacular taste.
You definitely need to check out her Blog.
This is just a re- post of a fun Easy DIY chandelier I did for my kitchen, to replace the old one I had up over the Holidays.

Check out how I did my First  DIY Chandelier,
HERE

Well Christmas has come and gone and I was in desperate need to change it  into something  that was Bright and Springy.

So I made this.


Tutorial

Things you need
1. Hemp
2.Old Christmas lights, All the ones that burn out. 
3. Wooden dowel 
4. Gold paint and paint brush

First I painted the wooden dowel Gold and let dry.
Then I cut 35 pieces of hemp about 3 feet long.  (I varied my lengths because I wanted the lights to hang at different heights.)
Then I tied the lights to the hemp~ one each end.
Then I tied the ropes to the dowel.





  And that is it!!
Hang it where you would like.
I think this would look nice in front of a  window with the light shinning through it.
YAY!
it is Friday.
I hope yours is Magical!
<3
Anne  
Linking to

11 comments:

  1. How creative! It looks great!

    ♥ Gina Michele
    CrochetClouds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still loving it! Thanks again for such a wonderful guest post. :)
    Meredith @ Welcome to Heardmont

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetpea,

    I'm a sucker for that reddish colour. It brightens everything up, doesn't it? I love it!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMIGOSH! GORGEOUS! I wonder if I this has a place in my home, hmmmm.

    Thank you so much for sharing, Anne!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty colour! I have to ask though, what's going on in the background? I see another very intriguing light fixture that looks like it's made with branches. Is that another one of your fabulous creations?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so doing this with red and white bulbs for xmas! or maybe all white? hmm... decisions decisions! bookmarked!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a cool idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow they are so beautiful! can't want to finish my finals (10 days) and try some of your tutorials :-)
    x

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!