Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Tricia Necklace.

This is a necklace, that was in desperate need for a name.:( I wore it to work last week, hoping someone would help me name her.  When I arrived at work,  I new I had my name. Tricia was working and that name it just fit.  I always think of wood jewelry as warm, earthy, honest and unique, all of which describe this person to a tee.   So I dub thee, the Tricia Necklace.  Tricia, you have been a wonderful friend and even though we don't see each other very much, I feel Like I have known you for a lifetime. 
Thank you so much,  for your friendship.


Tutorial

Things You Need.


1. Measure out 3 leather pieces, Gradually making each one longer.  ( set out my beads in the pattern I want before I string them.)
2. String your beads, tying a knot in between each bead.
3.  Add your beads to the rings, leaving your left over leather long, don't cut it off.
 4. Fold two , 6 inch, leather pieces in half and slid them through  two beads, of your choice, then  attach a jump ring so you can attach it to the bigger ring.~Like the picture above.~  Slide your feather up into the bead( I did not glue my feather because it was a tight fit, but that is not a bad idea to do.)


5.  Fold your cords in half and tie each one to each the ring~ this will be how you tie it around your neck.
6. Add beads to the rest of the longer leather pieces.

And with that, you are done!



 Have a great Wednesday!
<3
Anne 

Linking to



16 comments:

  1. So pretty! You just made my morning! It's 9AM, I'm at the office and I need coffee! HAHAHA! Have a great day!! xox

    -Wynn
    http://wynn-notetoself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a genius! Wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo beautiful!! I love feathers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a unique style my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the creative people like you, dear Anne.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sooo cute! I love it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this, you must have the best wardrobe / jewellery box around!!

    Sadie x
    http://whatsadiedid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. your blog keeps getting better and better. wow.

    love.

    I want your accessories closet. you'd laugh if you saw how minimal my now is...time to get my craft on, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaaaaanne help lol,How did you tie the back?
    is it 2 parts tied in a bow or knot?

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! What a great tutorial!! I am visiting from Somewhat Simple and I would LOVE if you would kindly link up this awesome idea to my very FIRST Delicately Constructed Fridays; a crafty linky party that starts tomorrow!
    Please :)
    Have a great day!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anne, thats an amazing necklace and the tutorial is amazing :)
    thanks for sharing
    hugs
    Manni
    www.ibakecakes.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty necklace - your tutorial is great! I stopped by from The Sundae Scoop, I've posted a project there too!
    Hugs, antonella :-)
    http://quilling.blogspot.com/2011/05/wacky-wednesday-hug-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. How do you tie the back without it being clumpy?

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!