Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, September 5, 2011

Project Re-Style #34 Frame Earring Holder

Well, I finally did it. I made a much needed frame earring holder.
Welcome to Project re-Style #34.
I suppose Re-Styling does not just involve clothes and accessories, furniture can also be Re-styled.  I have needed one of these for so very long and when my Good friend Leah, shared with me her earring holder, HERE, I knew this was going to be something that I had to have.  It just so happens that on my last trip to Georgia,  my wonderful sister in law gave me two beautiful wood frames.
So the much needed frame earring holder was born..

   Tutorial
Things you need
1.Old frame
2. Screen
3.Staple gun
4.Wood dowel or and old beautiful branch
5 Drill( If you want to add the necklace holder)
6. Screw
7. Scissors



 First staple your screen to the back of your frame. You could paint this first, but I loved the color of mine. Then trim the excess screen with scissors .
 I took my wooden dowel and found the middle,  then I drilled a hole through it. I also found the middle of the frame and drilled a hole through that.
Then I screwed the screw through the dowel,then through the frame just enough to make it  sturdy.
you should have space like the picture below 

then I screwed the screw through the dowel,then through the frame just enough to make it  sturdy.
you should have space like the picture below  
and that is all there is to it. 
This project took me only about an hour.(painting the frame will take just a little longer).
I am so excited to  have a place for all my new creations.

34 down 18 to go.
Click on the picture
for all the details about 
Project Re-Style.
And I hope you all had a wonderful day off
<3
Anne
Linking to
Take a Look Tuesday

14 comments:

  1. I love this what a wonderful idea! Thinking how neat one would look in my own house :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, I really need one of these. I can see you like your feather jewellery!! :)

    Sadie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is seriously smart :) Lovely idea.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the addition of the necklace holder!! We missed you guys on Sunday! We need to get together ASAP!! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, that's part of my projects to do sometime in the next 365 days. LOL I got to hang my zillion necklaces before they completely invade my dresser! xox

    Wynn
    http://wynn-notetoself.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project, and it looks like it fits in perfectly with your decor~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful and practical! Good job my dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever!!!! I love the pole for the necklaces!!! I have yet to see that smart addition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your blog:) it's full of inspiration
    i invite you to:
    http://ja-szwaczka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've been meaning to do something like this on a smaller scale! the dowel for the necklaces was a nice touch!

    [oomph.]
    Blogaversary Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made one of these and I used Curtain hooks (pleated curtain hooks) through the screen to hold necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What type of screen was used on this project?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just regular nylon screen that you would put on a porch:)

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!