Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Project Re-Style # 42 No Sew Tunic~from a Xlarge t-shirt

First, let me apologize for being late with  my Re-Style Project.:(

Welcome everyone to Re-Style #42.
If you are new to my blog, so very happy that you are here.  I do a Re-Style every Monday.
Which means I turn something that I have, into something new and different.
This week I did a no sew, Tunic out of a Extra large T-shirt~
And as always, all the details about Project Re-Style, will be at the end of this post.



Inspiration





Tutorial
Things you need
1. Extra large mens shirt
2.Scissors
3. Chalk
4. Cord
5. Leather
6.Safety Pins
7. Glue

First I made the belt.
Cut  your cord ( I cut mine 4 feet long) you might have to measure your waist and cut it  to the length you want. Cut 2 pieces of  leather 3 inches by 4 inches
Cut slits in your leather
Place  glue  on the top of your leather
Then roll your leather over your cord all the way to the end which will make a tassel.   Let them dry for about  2 hours.   I held mine together with a clothes pin until they were dry.


 Put your shirt on, 
Now with chalk mark where you want your neck to be cut,  then measure where you want your belt to sit on your waist.
Cut 21 small vertical slits all the way around your waist
Then weave your belt in and out of the slits you made.


For the sleeve I gathered  it up and safety pinned them.
This just makes the sleeve more fitted.


and with that you are all finished!


42 down  10 to go
 Click on the picture above
for all the details
on Project Re-Style.
 I am down to my last 10 Re-Styles.
WOW!
I can not believe it.
only ten more to go and I will have 
52 Re-Style projects. 
What an awesome year.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Night!
Lots of <3
Anne

3 comments:

  1. Lovely!

    ( Bloggin about fashion: http://www.the-parisienne.com/ )
    ... maybe we can follow each others!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute DIY! :)

    xoxo
    http://shishilovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a really big fan of tunics, a have a small collection.

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!