Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, November 7, 2011

Project Re-Style #43:Changing up a Skirt


Welcome, everyone, to My Project Re-Style Day.
Thank you so much for joining me.
I have a few more followers this week and I want to welcome you to my blog
and thank you  so much for joining us.
Do you have something old that you just can't throw away, or something that you love the color of but it is out of date. 
Then just Re-Style it.!!

I have had this skirt since I worked at Express.  I even wore it in a couple of outfit post last year.
I wanted to change it, but nothing too permanent, so I could take it back to it's original state.
  I decided to gather it up on one side and add a touch of leather and a big button.  
All of this can be taken away with  just a clip of your scissors. 
  Tutorial
Things you Need
1. Skirt 
2. Sissors
3.Large Safety Pin
4. 2 Buttons
5.Leather (about 4 inches long about 1 1/2 inches wide)
6. X-acto Knife
7. Needle and Thread


 First, I tried on my skirt to decide where I wanted to gather it up.
Then I safety pined it.

 I sewed a button on  the inside and the outside of the skirt.
I cut slits in my leather at both ends.
Then I attached the leather to the skirt to cover the safety pin.


this is the skirt inside out.




  It turned out exactly how I wanted it.
And if I get tired of it, I can just un- hook the leather and pin
and I will be back to my original skirt.

43 down 9 to go.
 Click on the Picture above
for all the details
about Project Re-Style.

Have a Wonderful Monday,
Everyone!
Lots of <3.
Anne

2 comments:

  1. I even like the reversed side of the skirt with the tweed peeking out the bottom!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU there is a steampunk shirt i saw on an online store that i want SO very much but ive been thinking dang it i cant afford that and in any case i could probably make it. now i know how and you made it to where i dont have to completely ruin my skirt!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!