Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

DIY Canvas Fold Over Clutch.

I have finally made the clutch I have been wanting since I first saw it on Clare Vivier's  Blog.
 I am seriously in love with this woman. I love how simple her designs are, yet so very classy.
 I made this one out of Canvas, because I have lots of it, it is thick
 and it can be easily painted or dyed. 
 You too, can make one of these fold over clutches. 



Tutorial
Things You Need

  1. Thick Canvas cut 23 inches by 10 inches
  2. Scissors
  3. 12 inch Zipper
  4. Iron
  5. Sewing machine
  6. Straight pins


 fold your canvas in half bring the two ends together 
fold down the edges and iron flat.
 Lay your zipper face down on the two folded pieces, pin and  sew.
Note: ( I am not an expert seamstress.  I just do super, basic sewing.)
 unzip the zipper*
 ~if you don't unzip the zipper then you will not be able to turn the bag right side out~

sew up the sides of the bag

turn the bag right side out,
  Iron 
and decorate however you want, 
or leave it plain.




I put a neon green ring, with a orange hand made tassel on mine for now.
I am still trying to decide how I want to design it.
 I really like the way it looks with just the white and black.
Neon Zippers are going on the next ones.:)
Have a spectacular Wednesday.
Lots of <3,
Anne

16 comments:

  1. Adorei sua clutch, vou fazer uma para mim. Obrigada por ensinar como fazer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I love this clutch! You make it sound so easy, like even I could do it. I have always wanted to make a clutch, I think I'll try. You're AMAZING! Hope all is well sweet friend! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome, I love it! I'm going to make this one! I love it! I don't have any zippers handy. Not sure what to do about that, besides not making it till I go to town and get a zipper. Maybe snaps? button? hummm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kasey, maybe snaps would look good. if you make one send me a picture.
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, I've always wanted a clutch like this, so I'l try and make it. It looks so easy on your photos, but I think it might be hard in real life :)) So wish me luck, and thanks again for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you luck, but you will have no problem.. Thank you so much!!
      :)

      Delete
  5. this was so easy and simple to make! I ended up making it smaller, and it still turned out great...it holds everything too, haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome. I love mine.. Thank you so much..

      Delete
  6. Awesomesauce! I enthusiastically pinned this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love ur diy's. Greets from Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly what I've been looking for!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!