Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Friday, July 20, 2012

No Sew, Tee-Shirt DIY #4 Liera

I did this one in about 10 minutes. Easy, no sew shirt out of a mens medium tee shirt.
Great project for teens to do over the summer.
I named this after a wonderful girl I work with. 
She is the most beautiful person inside and out and has the kindest heart.
 Liera I just think you are amazing.
Back


Tutorial 
Things you need

  1. Tee-shirt~ I used a mens medium.
  2. Scissors
  3. Chalk
 Cut out the collar.


Flip your shirt over  so the back is facing you.
With your chalk  draw  a shape like the one above.
I eyeball everything 
This is  about 10 inches across and about 10 inches down.
draw lines going straight across about one inch apart.
I did 5 lines but you can do more if you want.



Cut each line.
Careful not to cut the front of the shirt.
Stretch gently
to make the material tubular.
 cut a slit up one side of the shirt about 10 to 11 inches.
 Tie it to fit you.

All done
Back
 Front






I love easy Tee shirt re-do's
Have a wonderful Friday.
Lots of <3,
Anne

35 comments:

  1. Geweldig. I love it, this one i gona make for the holidays.

    Regards Imre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tshirt refashions. I am making several of the racer back ones to add a little sexy back to my normal night time big tshirt gear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Diy!!!

    Love your blog!

    Kisses
    Lau

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute- but do you have details on how you did the DIY Flag shirt somewhere? Saw it on FB, & I think it is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes just type in flag shirt on my blog search button it should show you the tutortial

      Delete
  5. Definitely gonna do this soon!!! You're such an ispiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shirt is amazing. I just did it and yes it took 10 minutes. I used a medium and did 6 or 7 strips in the back...and it looks so good...so easy to make too! :) Keep up with the DIY tips...they are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look! I have a fitted women's tee (concert tee) that needs a little pizazz. Do you think it would still work with a fitted t? It's not super tight on me and I suppose I could leave off the cute side tie on the bottom. I'm just not sure if the back would still look as cool. Hmmm...I'm open to any opinions or suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will still look good with a fitted shirt and no side tie. Give it a shot. :)

      Delete
    2. I totally did this with one of my shirts. Super cute even without the side knot

      Delete
  8. If u wash it will the back fray?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally just used this idea to make my daughters shirt for Halloween. Instead of being a plain black cat she now has stripes down her back :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved it so much I just finished making over a tshirt. But I went even further and made 3 cuts in the sleeve too. But when I pulled the back stripes I could see the tag inside back. How can I get rid of the stamp that shows, does anyone have an idea...Thx for the new designed tee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how you could hide that. mine was not that visible:(

      Delete
    2. You could try using a black laundry marker over the writing

      Delete
  12. I love your creations : )

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Made it. Love it. BUT I can't get my knot on the side to lay nicly like yours does...any tips?

    Also I used a XL adult tee so I did take in the sides some. I think it looks cute witt the sleeves folded up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Luisa. I don't know, I tied kind of a square knot which makes it lie flat.:)

      Delete
  14. I am going on a rocker cruise--and this is an awesome idea.
    I am not sure which size MEN shirt to use though. I wear a womens MED/LG--I am thinking maybe a LG/XL?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes I would say a large, an XL might be too big.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing creativity. Thanks for sharing nice post.
    Check latest Kristino Shorts for Men | Boxers For Men | Printed Shorts For Men

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!