Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Low Carb, Lifestlye Change, Update

I was looking for a picture of me before I started my low carb lifestyle change
that I could compare side by side.
When I finally came across the perfect picture I was a little taken back.
 In the picture on the left was about a year ago and  I weighed 150lbs.
In the picture on the right, my weight this morning was 133lbs,  that is 17 lbs "WOW.!"
Starting this journey 6 months ago was not really something I had planned to do,  sure I wanted to lose 20 -25 lbs but I wanted it to be gone in 2-3 weeks tops!.  You know, Instantly and without much effort.
What happened was short of a revelation on my part. Like I blogged about before,  starting this diet was not my choice, and not by any means  easy at all.   When I hear "Low carb." that means giving up sugar and bread and pasta all the things I love. My brain could not even comprehend that nonsense. Originally when this all started I was just trying to be a good Wife and Friend, by supporting my husband and eating exactly as he did to help him not be tempted.
 Little did I know this would change me and my feelings about food forever.
Fast forward to present time and I have never felt better. I still need to eat more greens and a bigger variety of vegetables.  I still need to exercise more and I still need cut back on my coffee intake and  drink more water, but hey like I  said "Baby steps." I was so addicted to sugar  and I felt like  ate better than most of the people I knew. We as a society eat so much hidden sugar and it is so bad for you. The only  sugar I get presently is in fresh fruit and an occasional piece of really dark chocolate 85% which tastes sweet because  I have not had sugar in so long. My mind feels clear, I have less mood swings, I have more energy and I am still enjoying life just as much.
I am almost to my goal, I have a few pounds left to loose( I loose about 2 pounds a month,) but I can promise you that I will get there and most importantly stay there. I have lots of tips and tricks on how to achieve a low carb lifestyle without feeling deprived.
 I am currently working on a few post about that.
Hopefully that will be coming very soon.
Have a beautiful day,
and a wonderful Thanksgiving with your Family and Friends.
Lots of Love,
Anne

8 comments:

  1. I love that you are sharing this in hopes of helping others. I am one of those who really needs to to hear about the success you have had. Guilty as charged.... addicted to sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are sharing this in hopes of helping others. I am one of those who really needs to to hear about the success you have had. Guilty as charged.... addicted to sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Starting now instead of being half-assed about it. You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise. If has been a long time coming for me to make a change and I am so happy that I did. Let me know how it goes if you do.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Starting now instead of being half-assed about it. You look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing. I am happy a low carb diet is working for you. I look forward to hearing about your tips and tricks to stay on task. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbara. I can't wait to share my little tips that helped me.

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!