Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Friday, November 20, 2015

Tulle Skirt




I have been wanting a Tulle skirt for a long time, 
so finally  decided  that I needed to make myself one.
Did you know that Tulip makes crystals that you can add to almost anything.
Check out how I added them to this tulle skirt.

*This was a Tutorial I did about a year ago for I Love to Create
I wanted to put the instructions up on my blog so here they are.
A Tulle Skirt would be a great party skirt to wear this Holiday season,
and when you add sparkle it is even better.




Tutorial
Things you Need.

T-shirt
10 yards of Tulle
Ribbon
Thread
Needle
Pins
Scissors
Sewing machine
Parchment paper

 For the lining of your skirt 
Fold the shirt in half
Cut like the picture above

 sew the corners
Trim off the excess.
 Set aside.
* I am not the greatest seamstress I wing 99.9 % of what I do
I am horrible at following directions although I do have basic sewing skills,
lots of what I do is trial by error. 
I have posted some great tutorials on Circle skirts below
by some wonderful women who are much better at sewing than me.

Cut the tulle into 5 lengths.
this will depend on how long the skirt will be.
Fold the tulle in half.
then fold it over
This is how you find your measurements the waist of your Circle skirt.
 Measure how long you want your skirt  This will be the length measurement.
Measure that from the waist.

On my skirt there is no zipper or elastic
so I measured at my hips as my Waist measurement,
 that way I could just pull the skirt on.
For an awesome Video on an easy way yo make a circle skirt
Check out Coolirpa on You Tube
For those of you that are visual, like me, this will help you a lot.
Here are some other Circle skirt tutorials

Cut out 5 circles of tulle
line up all of the tulle on top of each other 
and baste together with a loose stitch around the waist.

then cut a straight line about 4 inches from the waist.

Cut the ribbon 72 inches long.
pin the the ribbon to the skirt 
making sure the tails of your ribbon are in the back 
where the slit is in the tulle

now pin in the tee-shirt skirt and the tulle together.
Sew the Ribbon, tulle and T-shirt lining together with the sewing machine.
cut another piece of ribbon to go on the outside of the skirt for the waist.

 Sew the two ribbons together
this makes the waistband.
There will be a slight gap in the tulle in the back 
but when you tie it around your waist it should close the gap.
Now for the fun.
Lets add some sparkle to this skirt.


 cut a piece of parchment paper about 4 inches by 4 inches.
This will go under your crystals and tulle so the glue will not stick to the table.
place your Tulip, heat activated crystals randomly around your skirt.
Slide the Parchment paper under your tulle and crystal.
I did one at a time and just moved along the bottom of the first layer of tulle.
Use an Iron (not to hot) or the
to set your crystals follow the instructions on the box
just a touch of sparkle will go a long way.

Now go and have fun with some Tulip Crystals.
Have a Wonderful Day.
Lots of <3,
Anne

2 comments:

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!